Monday, May 7, 2012

dry day



04052012490.jpg


Hmm.
New beginnings.
I moved to another country last week. It's not a new country to me- I used to live here nearly two decades ago. Needless to say the place is completely different from what it was back then. And I have to get used to it all over again.
I have to be a better, neater, more polished version of myself here. Unironed clothes and messy hair just won't cut it.
I wonder what toll this will take on the environment. Malls, marts, McD's- I see how much more waste is generated here than back home. I suppose that will just be another challenge I grapple with while I am here: making sure I continue to do what I can, and continue to encourage others to too.
How dry it is here!
Know what's awesome though? There are mayflowers here! Gulmohur trees flowering profusely in the heat of an early Middle Eastern summer
IMG00108-20120505-1340.jpg

Wish me luck in the ME!

2 comments:

  1. new beginnings, herald unlimited possibilities, green girl! believe in yourself, and your ability to affect change :)

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Greetings, citizens of the world! We are united by planet and species, so what say we do our best to look after our handfuls of earth?