Wednesday, May 9, 2012

postcrossing


Looking for a reason - well, more of a sign, really- to start another blog, I was online yesterday doing some recon.
I don't think I got my green signal. I shall have to look harder. However, I did find something interesting. Serendipity?
Here's the story:
I love receiving and sending mail. Snail mail. Penny post (visions of Sheldon dance in my head) or, more appropriately, paise post. I've always wanted a pen pal. The mystery of mail from a distant land, the eager anticipation, the hope that your mail doesn't get lost on the way- to me, it's the stuff happiness can be made of.
Yesterday I stumbled upon a link that said, rather vaguely, Postcrossing. Curiosity piqued, engines on. Of course I checked it out! It's such a fun idea- you send postcards to people you don't know, in countries you might not even be able to locate on a map. You receive postcards from people who were given your address by the system.
An interesting idea but why does it feature here? My friend, they have a going green section! That's why!
Perhaps I'll get the chance to try this out someday. Toot toot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Greetings, citizens of the world! We are united by planet and species, so what say we do our best to look after our handfuls of earth?