Sunday, March 9, 2014

find a job!

So after a year among regular people (that is not meant as an insult), I know what it is like to prefer convenience over my planet, and principles.

[Just to clarify, in case any of the lovely people I've befriended in this Expo-worthy city take offence: I use 'regular' to mean people who do not claim protecting the earth as one of their passions]

In the spirit of Lent, let me make a full confession: I have chosen to use plastic cups rather than wash glasses. I got family members to drop me to work rather than take public transport. I have stayed up late into the night, watching serials, or reading. I have wasted food. I have not segregated my garbage. I have not stood up for my beliefs, instead letting people take plastic bag upon plastic bag to carry food to a table ten meters away.

On the positive side, I have a chance to redeem myself. Hoorah!

So, I am about to embark on an experiment: to go job-hunting (once again), but this time without a printed CV.
from openclipart.org
http://openclipart.org/detail/155107/job-interview-by-mazeo

Trivial? Perhaps. But if I've emailed my CV to a prospective employer already, and have it on my phone, do I really need to carry a hard copy to the interview?

Methinks not.

And that is today's shade of green,
The first for twenty fourteen.

(*Alexander Pope turns over in his grave*)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Greetings, citizens of the world! We are united by planet and species, so what say we do our best to look after our handfuls of earth?