Monday, June 4, 2012

World Environment Day 2012

It's World Environment Day tomorrow!
What are you doing? I have at least one non-green activity lined up for the morning- driving class. This country has Left Hand Drive, which means I'm on the wrong side of the road. Ok, it's the correct side over here. But where I come from, it isn't!
I had to answer a theory test, before which there were classes. One topic is Eco-friendly driving habits. It's even a chapter in one of the books the RTA gives you upon registration. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. No, really.

What else? Oh, if you are in Goa, see if you can attend the Friday Balcao on the 8th of June from 4pm. to 6pm. at Goa Desc Resource Centre, Liberty Apartments, Feira Alta, Mapusa.
This time's topic: Need to promote a Green Economy for Goa.

My suggestions for tomorrow? Use public transport, especially if you have been affected by the recent petrol price hike. Plant a tree. Or grow nachne- I love cookies with nachne in them. Enjoy the smell of damp earth. Take an extra long whiff for me. Go for a walk.

Cherish the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Greetings, citizens of the world! We are united by planet and species, so what say we do our best to look after our handfuls of earth?