Saturday, March 17, 2012

meet the turtle


Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Last night on my way home from work, I saw a turtle/ terrapin/ tortoise trying to cross the road. Unfortunately I couldn't stop to help it, but other people were doing their best to avoid it, so I live in the hope that it got across safely.
Did it influence today's post? Read on....
I decided to make something for my little cousin. A pretty starfish with silver sequins.
That's what Sputnik II started out as. Then I realised he looked nothing like a starfish. He did however look like a shell-less turtle. I provided him with protective covering et voila! Behold- my first ever satin soft toy! He looks a little like a Muppet :)
Needless to say, I'm keeping him, and will make my cousin something else to go with the little pink bag I have stitched for her.



2 comments:

  1. :D consider it done. do u want a conventional, as true to life as possible one, or a rainbow jazzy type?

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Greetings, citizens of the world! We are united by planet and species, so what say we do our best to look after our handfuls of earth?