Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Poetree

18032012345.jpgGod grant you trees
to live among
If not in reality
then in imagination,
trees of such variety and beauty
that you can’t help
loving yourself
among the trees.
from Poet, Lover, Birdwatcher by Nissim Ezekiel

I don't know if this post was inspired by the blog of one of my seniors in college.
Or the fact that I am trying to put together a series on trees for my blog.
Whatever it is, I regard finding this quote in a book I borrowed from Goa's Central Library yesterday as serendipity of the odd-link sort.

God grant us all trees!
(Is it also a coincidence that the syllable 'tree' is part of 'poetry'? I think not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Greetings, citizens of the world! We are united by planet and species, so what say we do our best to look after our handfuls of earth?