Friday, November 13, 2009

Presents of mine!

My birthday approaches... I wish I could be eco-heroic and not consume any more resources, but I'm not that wonderful yet! For those of you wondering what to get me, I thought I'd put together a little list to aid you ;)
But first, a few guidelines:
a) No plastic wrapping paper please! I have no issues with reused gift paper, newspaper, cloth, a paper bag you've made yourself...
b)I'm not against re-gifting, but am I really going to use what you give me, or give it away? (wait-that's my business!)
c)This list is, along with the accompanying guidelines, valid for Christmas as well. Just so you know.

So, here it is.
1. a good book, preferably second-hand.
2. a silver charm bracelet.
3. an electric car, or a pump for my cycle which hasn't been used in a while.
4. a card of recycled or reused paper.
5. assistance for when I finally get down to making my own paper.
6. a plant to add to my somewhat-flourishing veggie garden. Potatoes don't love me!
7. a donation to people who are trying to make the world a better place. It doesn't have to be in my name, but knowing that someone I care for has done something like that could make my day.
8. a cotton blouse, or material for a decent pair of pants (since I'm working now, I need nice clothes)
9.ink that doesn't fade, so I can go back to using fountain pens.
10. world peace.

While I can think of more things, I don't want to seem too greedy.

Green tip: Use paper on both sides. Even in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Greetings, citizens of the world! We are united by planet and species, so what say we do our best to look after our handfuls of earth?